Nov 2010
    Cervera, Cataluna, Spain, Spain

neww PIA crowned national champions

PIA crowned national champions

KARACHI: Kashif Ali scored a hat-trick as PIA overcame WAPDA after a tough battle in the final of the 59th National Hockey Championship at Hockey Club of Pakistan here on Saturday.
    Kashif Ali put PIA ahead in 26th minute, converting a penalty corner. PIA dominated the first half with one-goal lead.
    But early in the fourth minute of the second half, Waseem Ahmed put WAPDA on equal terms with PIA.
    In the 52nd minute, Kashif Ali scored his second goal through a penalty corner. However, three minutes later WAPDA’s Aleem Bilal leveled the arrears once more.
    Kashif Ali completed his hat-trick in 63rd minute, but PIA’s happiness was short-lived as Aleem Bilal again converted a penalty corner in the next minute. The score was locked at 3-3 at the end of the regulation time.
    The match went into extra time, where after a see-saw battle, Muzamal Bhatti finally scored in 82nd minute for PIA, which eventually proved to be the decisive goal in the nail-biting summit clash.
    WAPDA defeated PIA earlier in leagued matches and was placed at the top in the ranking table after the end of league matches.
    “It was a tough match, but finally we won and I am happy with the performance of my players,” said the delighted PIA skipper Muhammad Zubair. “The tournament was very important for all players as the selectors will take into account the performances of this tournament before calling players for the camp.”
    Pakistan hockey chief selector Hanif Khan and other selection committee members closely observed performance of players during the tournament. The selection committee is expected to finalise probables for Olympics 2012 by next week.
    “I scored ten goals in the tournament. It is now up to the selectors how they look at my performance,” WAPDA skipper Rehan Butt said.
    PHF made an exception to their 30-year age rule for 32-year-old Rehan Butt. PHF had decided not to allow any over-30 player to play in the championship unless he had been part of the national squad. Rehan was neither a part of the national hockey team or national camp, but selectors wanted to observe him in order to consider him for national assignments.
    Meanwhile, Shabbir Ahmed Khan scored three goals to help SSGC beat Army in the third place play-off match by 3-2 score. Abdul Jabbar and skipper Muhammad Imran scored one goal each for Army.
    [Courtesy The News International]

​

Star Member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks for sharing lovely news
    Congratz
    Long Live Pakistan
    Kuch yoOn Hua k Jab bhi ZaroOrat pari Mujhe.....
    Har Shakhs ittefaaQ sE MajboOr hO gaya...........

Mar 2011
    Andha karoo gaye Wel Nice ..!!!

I'm Chucky, And Im Ur Freind To The End.

â–’Câ–’Hâ–’Uâ–’Câ–’Kâ–’Yâ–’

Nov 2010
    Thanks for sharing lovely news
    Congratz
    Long Live Pakistan
    for commenting and liking ..

​

Nov 2010
    Andha karoo gaye Wel Nice ..!!!

andha nai karna mughe you can make page bigger while pressing crtl++ to app ko bara nazar ajayega . for liking and commenting ..

​

Thread Information